Sunday 10 January 2010

Taking Steps Forward

So my plans for crochet stardom seem to be coming together. My patterns will be added to Crochet Pattern Centrals directory very soon and I’m trying to get hold of A Crochet Toy Chest to see if they will link my patterns as well but it seems harder to get hold of them. I love that site though especially the retro patterns.

So, do you guys like the new look of the blog? It took me ages but I found an awesome guide to editing blogs:

http://www.squidoo.com/customize_blogger
http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/01/cheats-guide-to-customising-blogger.html

The last one is really good as it shows you how to get the funky backgrounds.

Well back to wool related ranting, I’m currently knitting a dress for myself, it’s in super bulky yarn so it’s knitting up really fast, I love it, it’s going to look great, the pattern is from ravelry and its called Kangaroo Tunic;



The sizing seems to be way off though, I’m a size 10/12 (uk) and it says I should knit the pattern in large but looking at the photos on ravelry of other people attempts they seem to be the same size as me and have knitted it in a small so that’s what I’m doing. I’ll have photos up when it’s finished.

I discovered this lovely photo yesterday and I had to share it with you:



My brother got married in December and I foolishly agreed to make 5 shawls, one for each of the bridesmaids. (One is missing from the photo) All my friends, housemates and family were privy to the ongoing saga of the shawls, and here they are in there glory. They all loved them and I even got a cheer in the speeches for my hard work, yay!

I’ll have another pattern done soon, this one will hopefully be on sale at etsy, I just need to get some time so I can sit down and work on it, but working 6 days a week is not conducive to a happy Maggie, but I will not let “the man” get his way and become an office zombie, I will crochet my way to happiness.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment