Friday 4 March 2011

Hello Hello

Hello everyone.


It’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to post anything; I’ve been very busy with odd commission work and personal projects.

I’m currently working on a hooded scarf for Lisa from Hiptronic Hoops I’ll be writing the pattern for this one so we will have a beginners and an intermediate pattern for the hooded scarf. The intermediate pattern will have a hood with no point at the back as the hood is made separately from the scarf and sewn on. Lisa has requested a big floppy hood so it will look pretty cool when it’s done.

I fell in love with a pattern on ravelry it’s a hooded shawl, it kind of looks like a cape, I have to make it, this needs to be a part of my life regardless of the ridiculous amount of projects I have going on at the moment.

Also on the hook I am making a blanket for my boyfriend. Its going to be made form granny squares and each square is going to be a pixel of a 1up mushroom from Mario brothers. I’ve given myself till his birthday in May to get it done so I’d better not hang around. Thankfully granny squares are a nice portable project so I can take them out and about with me.

I am super excited about the next issue of Inside Crochet. My project is going to be on the front cover, Click Here to see a sneak preview of the cover. The issue will be out on the 8th of March and inside will be my Leonard the Lion pattern and a designer inspiration piece about me
I’ll post pictures when the issue is out, so very very excited!

I’m currently having second thoughts about selling on etsy. At first I wanted to sell finished projects but I just don’t seem to have the time to build up enough stock to have a nice full shop so I think I will sell patterns instead and stay true to my designer roots. I have a few things ready, Just need to take photos and get them on-line.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on making the cover!! You rock! I love Lil Leonard the Lion!!

    I admire all the projects you have going- I can't focus on more than one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major kudos on getting the cover!
    Leonard is unbelievably cute, can't wait to make him (or maybe 2 to save squabbles lol) for my kids :D

    P.S: LOVE your Abby from NCIS and Alphonse from FMA amigurumis, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job on the magazine cover! btw I don't know how to crochet or knit lol (I'll learn one day!) but I asked my friend to make me the kitty hooded scarf it looks cool! Thanks for posting the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to try again.I think I got it. Took me awhile but I am going to try. Thanks for posting it look forward to finishing it for my grandson. Posted on your other account used Barbara don't worry yourself I think I will be okay.

    ReplyDelete